COVID-19 Office Status
Status of the Office During the COVID-19 Pandemic
This page is to notify you, our patient, about the current status of the office during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as well as to explain all the steps Rand Dental is taking to ensure a safe environment for our patients, doctors, and staff.
Current and Future Appointments
We are currently open. Patients are being scheduled and seen for cleanings, routine dental treatment, and invasive work. Certain treatments require a specialist doctor and for those treatments scheduling is dependent upon the specialist doctor's availability. Please understand that we are working as hard as we can with our providers to rebuild our schedule and see all of our patients who have missed treatments because of sheltering-in-place, while at the same time working under our new safety policies—outlined below—to maintain a safe public space for everyone who comes to our office.
If you had a previously scheduled appointment which was missed because of the shelter-in-place orders, please give us a call at (973) 927-8800 so that the appointment can be rescheduled. Please have ready any updated insurance information. Please also take a moment to read through the Patient and Office Responsibilties below to understand what we are asking of you for your visit.
For the foreseeable future we are going to operate under our new safety guidelines while seeing patients. We continue to keep up with the announcements and guidelines from New Jersey, the CDC, and the ADA, and we will adjust, ease, or tighten our office policies accordingly in order to create the safest environment we can.
We cannot predict any future government actions in response to ongoing conditions, and should the current situation change and a decision come down to reinstate restrictions on dental services, we will at that time abide by the state's decision and respond accordingly. It is otherwise our plan to continue to operate at the greatest capacity we safely can until the situation becomes safe enough to reverse some of the changes in our office policies.
We thank you sincerely for understanding and also working alongside us to protect our community's health.
What Has Changed?
I have an appointment scheduled at Rand Dental. What are my responsibilities as a patient?
You will see some changes when it is time for your appointment. We have made these changes to help protect you, our patients, and our staff:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions regarding the symptoms of COVID-19. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You will be asked to call the office upon arrival and wait in your car to come in.
- You will be greeted before you enter the office by Tim, Michele, or another employee. They will confirm your temperature before entering the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- Submission of forms will be done electronically, inclusive of a COVID-19 questionnaire.
What is Rand Dental doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the office?
We have instituted many changes to our office to address the current situation. Some of these include:
- All staff members are pre-screened daily.
- All patients are pre-screened prior to their appointments, including temperatures taken at every visit, and COVID-19 questionnaires completed online.
- All staff members are wearing masks and all patients entering our office must also wear masks.
- We have all the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), including facial shields, Level 3 and KN95 masks, and gowns.
- The practice has installed UV-C light disinfection for the HVAC systems within the ofice. This system fights germs, bacteria, mold, viruses, and allergens. The UV light kills germs by destorying their DNA, preventing them reproducing. This system (G500 by GreenUV.com) improves the indoor air quality at the office for everyone's safety.
- Dyson HEPA filters have been set up throughout the office to clean the air. Further, all of the air filters in the office are MERV 11—designed to capture allergens such as smoke, mold, dust, virus carriers, and more!
- The office is being routinely treated with a fogger, every day. The disinfectant used is BioBlast Disinfectant, an environmentally friendly disinfectant with 30 EPA Registered Kill Claims, including Norovirus, C.diff, Influenza, HIV-1, H1N1, and many more. BioBlasting systems have been effectively used not only in medical facilities like dental offices and surgery centers, but also airlines, food processing facilities, police departments, restaurants, school districts, and more.
- All treatment areas are treated between each patient with OPTIM 1 from Scicam, a virucidal, bactericidal, and fungicidal agent. This kills on contact viruses similar to COVID-19 after one minute, according to the manufacturer.
- The office is sanitized nightly by an outside cleaning company. Doorknobs, light switches, and contact surfaces are sanitized with 64 Millennium Q: a disinfectant and cleaner for fungicide, virocide, and deodorizer.
These are just a few of the many changes you will see around the office, in conjunction with the patient responsibilities outlined above.
Call the Office If You Have Questions
We have staff in office every weekday from 8 AM to 5 PM, so please call our office at (973) 927-8800 if you have any questions or concerns.